One of the ways to add funds to the Walmart Bluebird Card is via Direct Deposit. This is where you set up to add all or part of your paycheck or government payments onto your card. Here are instructions on how to add Direct Deposit onto your Bluebird Card.
Bluebird Card Direct Deposit Instructions:
Step 1 – To get started, you need to make sure you have the following:
- Your Bluebird Account is active: This means that you have successfully signed up for the card and registered it online.
- Your Permanent Card is activated: If you picked up a temporary card at a Walmart store and registered it online, you have to wait for the permanent card to be mailed to you, which you have to activate, before you can begin the direct deposit process.
- Your employer or payroll department offers this service: Check with your Human Resources Department or the payroll provider for your job to make sure that they offer Direct Deposit. Some employers don’t offer the service, which means you will not be able to add funds to your Bluebird account using this method. If you are requesting your government payment to be direct deposited onto your card, you should check with the government agency whether they offer direct deposit and how you can go about setting it up.
- Your direct deposit comes from a U.S. bank account: The Walmart Bluebird Card only accepts Direct Deposits from banks or credit unions based in the United States of America.
- The direct deposit does not exceed the maximum balance and monthly limits: As of the time of writing this article, you are only allowed to Direct Deposit a total of $100,000 to your card each year. Which means you can only send a maximum of $8,333 each month using this method. If your total monthly paycheck or government payments exceeds this amount, then you can only send $8,333 of it to your Amex Bluebird Card. Note that the limits stated above may be subject to change, so you should check with Bluebird’s website for the current limit to be sure. Click here to go there – scroll down to “Limits”.
Step 2 - Set up Direct Deposit online using instructions below:
a) Log into your Bluebird Account online or through the Bluebird Mobile App and click on “Add Funds” (see the image below). Click here to for Bluebird Login.
b) Select “Set up Direct Deposit” to view your Bluebird Account number and Bank Routing number (see the image below).
c) Print out the form using the “print this form“button. You will notice that your personal information, including account number and routing number have been pre-populated on the form. Complete the form, sign, and submit it to your Human Resources Department, payroll processor, or government agency that is responsible for sending your payment/benefits.
Once you submit the form, it usually takes about 1-2 pay cycles for the Direct Deposit to be added to your Bluebird Card account.
NOTE: You can also use the Direct Deposit form provided by your employer or government payment/ benefits agency. You just have to use the Bluebird account number and routing number provided on the Bluebird Direct deposit form. If you encounter any issues during this process, call Bluebird Customer Service (available 24/7) at:
- US: 1 (877) 486-5990
- International Collect: 1 (801) 449-4016